- ZeitschriftenartikelAnwendung von Metaheuristiken zur Lösung betrieblicher Planungsprobleme(Wirtschaftsinformatik: Vol. 45, No. 4, 2003) Fink, Andreas; Voß, StefanApplication of metaheuristics within operations management — Potential and limitations of software reuse Business reality comprises a large variety of well structured problems (e.g. in production and logistics management), for which effective and efficient solution procedures are available from research. This includes metaheuristics such as iterative local search, tabu search and evolutionary algorithms. However, the implementation of these quantitative solution procedures as part of decision support systems usually requires problem-specific adaptations. To simplify this task we developed an application framework in C++, which represents various metaheuristics as reusable software components. These components can be used in arbitrary application domains. The framework clearly simplifies the effective practical application of metaheuristics. Nevertheless, a certain effort may be unavoidable if one aims at high-quality solutions in novel applications.
- ZeitschriftenartikelElectronic Meeting Systems Paradox(Wirtschaftsinformatik: Vol. 45, No. 4, 2003) Klein, Arnd; Krcmar, HelmutAlthough research has shown that electronic meeting systems (EMS) can improve meetings substantially, EMS are less prominent in organizations than the scientific community originally envisioned. The authors discuss this paradox on the basis of an extensive literature review. They derive success factors for EMS implementation from IS research and develop an implementation model for EMS on the basis of diffusion theory.
- ZeitschriftenartikelStraight Through Processing auf XML-Basis im Wertpapiergeschäft(Wirtschaftsinformatik: Vol. 45, No. 4, 2003) Weitzel, Tim; König, Wolfgang; Martin, Sébastien V.Inefficient trading processes (trade, clearing, settlement) and globally increasing transaction volumes and speed require a thorough integration and automation of cross-border trade processes. A variety of mostly XML-based initiatives struggle to become the industry wide communications standard.In this paper, the status quo of XML usage within and between globally operating banks and the role, recognition, and relevance of initiatives aimed at developing an industry wide standard to enable a Straight Through Processing are analysed. FpML, FIX, SWIFT and ISO 15022 are considered the most important standards. Many banks see XML document size (transformation performance and bandwidth) as an obstacle to using XML but nevertheless unanimously agree on its role as future lingua franca. Overall, due to functional as well as strategic reasons elaborated in the paper, ISO 15022 is expected to become the dominant standard.
- ZeitschriftenartikelSystematisches Testen von Anti-Viren-Software(Wirtschaftsinformatik: Vol. 45, No. 4, 2003) Marx, Andreas; Rautenstrauch, ClausThe application of anti-virus software (AV software) in companies is of increasing importance, caused by the enormous damages of different kinds of malware (malicious software). Features of different AV software systems vary in particular through the fast sequence of releases offered by different vendors. The reason for this release bombing is the still unbounded creativity of malware programmers. Therefore, it can only be analyzed through extensive and systematic tests, which software fits the current requirements regarding detection and disinfection of malware. In this paper first the potentials of damages caused by different kinds of malware will be described, followed by a presentation of a systematic test method for AV software.
- ZeitschriftenartikelInterview mit Otthein Herzog über(Wirtschaftsinformatik: Vol. 45, No. 4, 2003) Herzog, Otthein; Heinzl, Armin; König, Wolfgang
- ZeitschriftenartikelIT-Governance(Wirtschaftsinformatik: Vol. 45, No. 4, 2003) Meyer, Matthias; Zarnekow, Rüdiger; Kolbe, Lutz M.