- ZeitschriftenartikelDie Innovationstätigkeit der deutschen Softwareindustrie(Wirtschaftsinformatik: Vol. 44, No. 2, 2002) Friedewald, Michael; Blind, Knut; Edler, JakobIn this article we present the results of two empirical studies focusing on the structure and extent of the innovation activities of the German Software Industry and analyze distinctive features of Software Innovations. We distinguish the activities of the primary (core) Software Industry and secondary industries such as Mechanical and Electrical Engineering, Motor Industry and Telecommunications. A special focus is put on the question if innovations in Software are sequential, on the role of Open Source Software and the importance of interoperability.
- ZeitschriftenartikelIV-Controlling in einem Systemhaus(Wirtschaftsinformatik: Vol. 44, No. 2, 2002) Spitta, Thorsten; Schmidpeter, HelmutThis paper analyses the characteristics of software houses as service providers. The tasks of internal IT-services are determined from these characteristics and a reporting system for the IT-controlling is outlined. The concept results from the analysis of one of the 25 largest German software houses. The paper concludes with a case study of the fiscal year 2000 IT-controlling report of the above-mentioned firm.
- ZeitschriftenartikelMehr Mathematik in der Wirtschaftsinformatik?(Wirtschaftsinformatik: Vol. 44, No. 2, 2002) Mertens, Peter
- ZeitschriftenartikelInterview mit Peter Gerard(Wirtschaftsinformatik: Vol. 44, No. 2, 2002) Mertens, Peter
- ZeitschriftenartikelSystematisierung des Nutzens von ERP-Systemen in der Fertigungsindustrie(Wirtschaftsinformatik: Vol. 44, No. 2, 2002) Martin, Reiner; Mauterer, Heiko; Gemünden, Hans-GeorgThis paper classifies and explores the benefits of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems using the individual manufacturing facility as the level of analysis. We focused on German companies using SAP R/3. Two successful cases are described in detail.The cases revealed that remarkable benefits have been realized in the following categories: „Process efficiency (business processes)”, „Market efficiency (market and customer orientation)”, „Resource efficiency (productivity and profitability)”, and „Delegation efficiency (gathering of information)”. Data standardization and integration explain many of these benefits. However, the users complain about higher workloads as a result of the complexity and required data structures of these systems. Therefore, they show lower acceptance for the new system.
- ZeitschriftenartikelCLIX — Learning-Management-System für Unternehmen, Bildungsdienstleister und Hochschulen(Wirtschaftsinformatik: Vol. 44, No. 2, 2002) Milius, FrankThis article describes typical situations in which learning management systems are used. Afterwards, it is pointed out which requirements for the architecture of learning management systems result from the examples mentioned. Based on this, the technical and technological system architecture of the learning management system CLIX® is presented. The article is concluded by theses about the evolution of learning management systems.
- ZeitschriftenartikelAutomatisierte Auktionen(Wirtschaftsinformatik: Vol. 44, No. 2, 2002) Peters, RalfRegarding electronic markets, both the realm of realizable market scenarios and the attainable degree of automated bargaining are important fields for research. In this paper, we discuss design issues and key concepts of the completely automated, multidimensional and polypolistic market system memba.
- ZeitschriftenartikelApplication Integration(Wirtschaftsinformatik: Vol. 44, No. 2, 2002) Mantel, Stephan; Schissler, Martin
- ZeitschriftenartikelDer CW-SCM-Ansatz(Wirtschaftsinformatik: Vol. 44, No. 2, 2002) Friedrich, Jörg-Michael; Mertens, Peter; Eversheim, Walter; Kampker, RalfIn a cooperation of the Bavarian Information Systems Research Network (FORWIN), Nuremberg, with the Research Institute for Operations Management (FIR), Aachen University of Technology, a prototype of a lean and flexible supply chain management system for small and medium sized enterprises (SME) is currently being developed. The aim of this project is to design a componentware-based solution enabling SME to implement an SCM with the basic functionality.