- KonferenzbeitragHochwassermanagement-Plattform für kleinere Städte und Kommunen mit Bürgerbeteiligung(Umweltinformationssysteme 2018 - Umweltbeobachtung: Nah und Fern, 2018) Burkhard, Simon; Fuchs-Kittowski, Frank; Müller, Ruben; Pfützner, Bernd; Fretag,Ulrike; Fuchs-Kittowski, Frank; Hosenfeld, Friedhelm; Abecker, Andreas; Reineke, AnjaIn urban areas the damage potential by flood events is particularly high, regularly causing damages and economic losses. Early warning systems that can forecast such events with sufficient lead time are therefore very important. However, especially for small catchment areas the establishment and operation of forecasting systems is very difficult. On the one hand early warning systems have to deal with high spatial uncertainties of precipitation forecasts, on the other hand small catchments often show very fast reactions of the basin to heavy precipitation events. Moreover, in small catchments automatic gauging stations are often missing. This makes early flood forecasting complicated and very challenging. This paper presents a software platform for the flood management particularly for small river basins in German municipalities. It tries to solve the problems mentioned above via civic involvement by incorporating Volunteered Geographic Information (VGI). For this purpose, volunteers (citizens, municipal employees) are asked to acquire relevant hydrological and meteorological data via a smartphone application in order to compensate for the lack of official gauging stations. This includes e.g. water level measurements acquired via mobile image-based measurement methods. The information captured by volunteers is – in addition to open publicly available forecasting data provided by the German Meteorological Service Provider –automatically incorporated into the forecasting system in order to minimize forecasting uncertainties. A web-based dashboard available to crisis managers, e.g. disaster relief forces, visually processes and displays all relevant information and forecasting data thus enabling convenient monitoring of the situation (situation awareness).
- KonferenzbeitragPrototyp einer web-basierten Software-Anwendung zur Unterstützung des Water Safety Plan (WSP) Konzepts(Umweltinformationssysteme 2018 - Umweltbeobachtung: Nah und Fern, 2018) Gottwalt, Jonas; Riepl, David; Abecker, Andreas; Brauer, Friedericke; Fischer, Thilo; Sturm, Sebastian; Fretag,Ulrike; Fuchs-Kittowski, Frank; Hosenfeld, Friedhelm; Abecker, Andreas; Reineke, AnjaThe Water Safety Plan (WSP) approach of the World Health Organization (WHO) is a com-prehensive framework for water-supply organizations (like water utilities, water authorities etc.) for systematically identifying and managing risks related to the drinking-water supply system. Up to now, there is not much and not very sophisticated ICT-support for WSP implementation. Hence, as part of the BMBF-funded research project TRUST, TZW and Disy together develop GIS-based tools for WSP realization. In this paper, we present a first prototype system for risk identification and risk assessment within the WSP framework.
- KonferenzbeitragPlanning and Decision Support Tools for Integrated Water Resource Management on River Basin Level in South Africa on the Example of the Middle Olifants Sub-Basin(Umweltinformationssysteme 2018 - Umweltbeobachtung: Nah und Fern, 2018) Jolk, Christian; Zindler, Björn; Stople Harro; Wössner, Roman; Abecker, Andreas; Fretag,Ulrike; Fuchs-Kittowski, Frank; Hosenfeld, Friedhelm; Abecker, Andreas; Reineke, AnjaThis paper presents methods and software tools for GIS-based planning and decision support in Integrated Water Resources Management. The approach results from the BMBF-funded research project "Integrated Water Resources Management in the Pilot Region Middle Olifants River, South Africa - MOSA". The tools developed provide an overview of quaternary river basins in order to identify hot-spot areas with increased problem intensity with regard to water quality and with a priority need for action.
- KonferenzbeitragWasser- und Pegelportale(Umweltinformationssysteme 2018 - Umweltbeobachtung: Nah und Fern, 2018) Hosenfeld, Friedhelm; Rinker, Andreas; Schnack, Klaus; Fretag,Ulrike; Fuchs-Kittowski, Frank; Hosenfeld, Friedhelm; Abecker, Andreas; Reineke, AnjaThis contribution describes tasks and implementation options regarding the publishing of water and gauge related information by German state authorities on the Internet. Exemplary solutions of Schleswig-Holstein, Mecklenburg-Vorpommern, Hamburg and Berlin were examined.
- KonferenzbeitragSag „Hallo“ zu deiner Karte(Umweltinformationssysteme 2018 - Umweltbeobachtung: Nah und Fern, 2018) Bluhm, Matthias; van Eek, Antonia; Wilden , Martin; Fretag,Ulrike; Fuchs-Kittowski, Frank; Hosenfeld, Friedhelm; Abecker, Andreas; Reineke, Anja"Will voice control soon replace typing?" More and more linguistic assistants like Google Assistant, Amazon Alexa, Microsoft Cortana or Apple's Siri have recently entered the market and its usage is already possible in many applications. The market trend shows that many of our interactions with technology take place through conversations today, but does this trend also apply to mapping applications? Con terra picked up on this trend and carried out its first realizations. It uses natural language understanding (NLU) to control web mapping applications. For example, if one could say "show me the distribution of porpoises in the summer of 2013" instead of searching in a table of content, it would be a great advantage for the users. Also functions like “zoom” or“pan” can be well performed using voice control. In addition to an introduction to the topic, this article introduces the exemplary implementation of voice control for a mapping application. For the software map.apps a voice recognition was implemented and trained. Commands like "zoom", "pan" or the map theme selection have been realized. The results were implemented and tested for applications in biodiversity monitoring.
- KonferenzbeitragEco-Bot Vorstellung – Chat-Bot für die Beratung von Nutzern zu individuellen Energieeffizienzmodellen(Umweltinformationssysteme 2018 - Umweltbeobachtung: Nah und Fern, 2018) Camarinopoulos, Stephanos; Karali, Theodora; Hussels, Ulrich; Fretag,Ulrike; Fuchs-Kittowski, Frank; Hosenfeld, Friedhelm; Abecker, Andreas; Reineke, AnjaThis article presents the Eco-Bot research project funded by the EU under Horizon 2020. In the Eco-Bot project, a system is to be developed which will positively influence consumer behaviour in terms of saving electrical energy. The key concept is the use of a chat bot, that based on disaggregated data from smart meters and information on location-related consumption and personal data, will positively influence the consumer behaviour. Over 100 energy efficiency models will be evaluated and over 40 user groups are going to be identified. From these findings new strategies will evolve, how these users can be optimally addressed.
- KonferenzbeitragEin Namensdienst für die Küste(Umweltinformationssysteme 2018 - Umweltbeobachtung: Nah und Fern, 2018) Kohlus, Jörn; Krampf, Karina; Fretag,Ulrike; Fuchs-Kittowski, Frank; Hosenfeld, Friedhelm; Abecker, Andreas; Reineke, AnjaA Maps is the tool for orientation in unknown areas, for the orientation on maps text labels are needed. For the orientation on digital spatial data in coastal areas, a name service will be built up based on the German Coastal Gazetteer. A gazetteer is a multidimensional link-list of geographic names, geographic objects and their positions. The Coastal Gazetteer considers additional the contemporaneity. This data is stored in a PostGIS-database. For the name service it is filtered for a time validity. The results are transformed by Geoserver to an OGC-conform WMS. To design the labels YSLD (Styled Layer Descriptor described with YAML) is used. The properties of the geo-objects influence the presentation. The properties of the geo-objects are crucial for label styling. For the scale dependent display of the labels and the font size a priority of the object types is introduced.
- KonferenzbeitragWeb-basierte Analyse und Prozessierung hydro-meteorologischer Daten im Kontext von Extremereignissen(Umweltinformationssysteme 2018 - Umweltbeobachtung: Nah und Fern, 2018) Wiemann, Stefan; Fretag,Ulrike; Fuchs-Kittowski, Frank; Hosenfeld, Friedhelm; Abecker, Andreas; Reineke, AnjaHydro-meteorological extreme events have a huge impact on human life worldwide. Accordingly, a wide range of methods and tools are already available for their analysis, assessment and prediction. In addition, particularly over the last few years, various open data initiatives led to an enormous increase of readily available hydro-meteorological measurement data on the web. The idea of the EXTRUSO project is to enhance capabilities for the combination of available hydro-meteorological data sources and processing functionality for flash flood analysis and forecasting in a web-based environment.
- KonferenzbeitragsenseBox und openSenseMap: Umweltmonitoring für Jedermann(Umweltinformationssysteme 2018 - Umweltbeobachtung: Nah und Fern, 2018) Bartoschek,Thomas; Wirwahn, Jan; Pesch, Mario; Fretag,Ulrike; Fuchs-Kittowski, Frank; Hosenfeld, Friedhelm; Abecker, Andreas; Reineke, AnjaThe senseBox:home is a Citizen Science DIY toolkit for the local measurement of environmental data such as temperature, humidity, air pressure, illuminance and UV light. It is based on the Arduino / Genuino platform and can be easily integrated into our sensor web platform openSenseMap, where it provides continuous measurement data. The senseBox:edu is a toolbox designed to provide pupils and junior researchers with programming in a playful and tangible way. For this simple circuits are set up, which are programmed and controlled with the help of a microcontroller. [Team at ifgi, 201x]. Thus, the senseBox offers a good opportunity for a practical introduction to programming as well as a step-by-step introduction to the design of your own engineering projects in the fields of geoinformatics, sensorics and photonics, such as projects on the subject of the city of the future. This is an important contribution to environmental education.
- Konferenzbeitrag3D-Visualisierung von Windenergieanlagen in der Landschaft – Webanwendung „3D-Analyse“(Umweltinformationssysteme 2018 - Umweltbeobachtung: Nah und Fern, 2018) Nefzger, Armin; Fretag,Ulrike; Fuchs-Kittowski, Frank; Hosenfeld, Friedhelm; Abecker, Andreas; Reineke, AnjaThis paper presents a web application of the Bavarian State Government for 3D visualization of wind turbines in their surroundings. The interactive software “3D-Analyse” virtually shows the visual impact on the character of local landscape. The simulation provides a 3D landscape of the whole of Bavaria, in which you can move freely, set wind turbines and view from any perspective. In addition to the visualization further analysis tools are offered such as a distance measurement, visibility calculation and shadow simulation. The application is a functional extension to the map viewer of the Energie-Atlas Bayern (the energy turnaround portal of the Bavarian State Government) and provides pictures close to reality to serve, for instance, public participation in planning processes.