- ZeitschriftenartikelKombinatorische Auktionen in der betrieblichen Beschaffung(Wirtschaftsinformatik: Vol. 47, No. 2, 2005) Bichler, Martin; Pikovsky, Alexander; Setzer, ThomasCombinatorial auctions are promising auction formats for industrial and public procurement. Potential advantages of using combinatorial auctions include decreased overall spend, low transaction costs for multi-item negotiations, fairness and market transparency for suppliers, as well as high allocative efficiency. A number of fundamental design considerations are relevant to the application of combinatorial auctions in procurement. In addition, procurement specialists need to consider several domain-specific requirements, such as additional side constraints as well as alternative multidimensional bid types.
- ZeitschriftenartikelAus den Hochschulen(Wirtschaftsinformatik: Vol. 47, No. 2, 2005)
- ZeitschriftenartikelIntelligente Tourenplanung mit DynaRoute(Wirtschaftsinformatik: Vol. 47, No. 2, 2005) Wendt, Oliver; Stockheim, Tim; Weiss, KilianDue to increasing transportation costs and a rising demand for quality services professional optimization and planning of transport processes becomes a critical success factor for many companies. This article provides a detailed description of the software DynaRoute, capable to reduce transportation costs and at the same time increase customer satisfaction. The main results are: ▪Effective planning software enables companies to reduce transport costs by 10% and more while significantly improving service quality for the customer.▪A successful implementation of the software often requires organizational changes in the affected business processes.▪DynaRoute provides companies with the flexibility to take individual planning criteria into account.▪Advanced learning models allow for highly improved travel time predictions and this way increase the timeliness of deliveries.
- ZeitschriftenartikelStrategien für den digitalen Musikmarkt(Wirtschaftsinformatik: Vol. 47, No. 2, 2005) Buxmann, Peter; Johnscher, Patrick; Strube, Jochen; Pohl, GerritThe recording industry is currently faced with a remarkable decline in revenues and record sales. Paid music services have failed to deliver on their promise of a full-catalog, easy-to-use shopping experience so far, and file sharing platforms are still widely used for obtaining online music. In this context we conducted an empirical study via the Internet with 2.260 participants. The main results are: Neither the installation of copy protection measures nor legal actions taken against users of file sharing platforms seem to be appropriate means to increase sales of CDs and online music.┃Potential consumers’ willingness to pay is distinctly lower than the prices currently set by the available paid music services.┃Our study’s results suggest that a price cut for music downloads would lead to increased sales, thus creating benefits for both suppliers and consumers.
- ZeitschriftenartikelBachelor-Abschlussprojekt: Marketingkonzept für einen WI-Studiengang(Wirtschaftsinformatik: Vol. 47, No. 2, 2005) Mautsch, Lars; Scheller, Tobias; Helferich, Andreas
- ZeitschriftenartikelImplizite Determinierung von Plan-Belegungszeiten(Wirtschaftsinformatik: Vol. 47, No. 2, 2005) Jodlbauer, Herbert; Palmetshofer, Karl; Reitner, SonjaCorrect standard times are needed for logistic operating curves, manufacturing planning and control systems and Advanced Planning Systems (APS) for scheduling, lot-sizing and sequencing. This paper presents a model for calculation of standard times based on the knowledge of the total busy time of a work center and the produced number of items in a fixed time period. The developed method requires little effort in comparison to other methods such as Work-Factor or time observation. It can regularly determine standard times using current confirmation data.
- ZeitschriftenartikelWI — Aktuell(Wirtschaftsinformatik: Vol. 47, No. 2, 2005) Buhl, Hans Ulrich; Heinrich, Bernd; Loos, Peter; Frank, Ulrich; Moody, Daniel L.; Parsons, Jeffrey; Rosemann, Michael; Sinz, Elmar J.; Weber, Ron; Kindler, Achim; Rautenstrauch, Claus; Fettke, Peter
- ZeitschriftenartikelDigital Rights Management(Wirtschaftsinformatik: Vol. 47, No. 2, 2005) Engelberger, Raphael; Fetscherin, Marc; Günnewig, DirkThis article presents a selection of Internet links which provide a sound introduction to Digital Rights Management Systems (DRMS). First, links to scientific papers, information portals, organizations companies and consortia are presented to give a general view about DRMS. Then, various aspects about DRMS are presented with a special focus on legal, technological and economical aspect. For each of those further information and links are provided in order to give a better understanding about this topic.
- ZeitschriftenartikelIn eigener Sache(Wirtschaftsinformatik: Vol. 47, No. 2, 2005) König, Wolfgang
- ZeitschriftenartikelZur Identifikation von Strukturanalogien in Datenmodellen(Wirtschaftsinformatik: Vol. 47, No. 2, 2005) Fettke, Peter; Loos, PeterOn the one hand, data models decrease the complexity of information system development. On the other hand, data models causes additional complexity. Recently structural analogies are discussed as instruments reducing the complexity of data models. This piece of research presents a procedure to identify structural analogies in data models and demonstrates its performance by analyzing Scheer’s reference model for industrial enterprises (Y-CIM-model). The proposed procedure is based on formalizing data models within set theory and uses a quantitative similarity measure. The obtained results show both identical and very similar information structures within the Y-CIM-model. Furthermore, ways of dealing with the identified structural analogies are discussed from an analysis and software design perspective.