- ZeitschriftenartikelModellprojekte und -regionen der gesundheitstelematik(Wirtschaftsinformatik: Vol. 47, No. 3, 2005) Bauer, Marc Thomas; Kirn, StefanThis article presents an overview of existing currently active or planned model projects in healthcare-telematics in Germany. To this purpose a couple of test regions have been established in order to prepare the introduction and implementation of smart cards (patient cards, healthcare professional cards) in the German healthcare system. At its end, the article does also include a table presenting an overview of web pages where further information with respect to these projects can be found.
- ZeitschriftenartikelSelbstheilende dienslfindung für IT-netze in mobilen feldkrankenhäusern(Wirtschaftsinformatik: Vol. 47, No. 3, 2005) Kreutzer, Michael; Kähmer, Martin; Scholler, HenningThe organizational workflows of mobile field hospitals can be accelerated by IT networks and ITapplications. In most operational areas of these hospitals it lacks (still working) electric power supply and communication networks. The special requirements for the design of the IT networks to establish include quick deployment, configurationless operation, robustness and scalability. From the user’s point of view it is crucial to deploy mobile computers so as to be able to notify and search staff members and resources. In this article we propose mobile ad hoc networks in conjunction with self-healing service discovery. We developed a service discovery algorithm as a prototype for the use in field hospitals which accomplishes the special requirements of the software side.
- ZeitschriftenartikelAus den Hochschulen(Wirtschaftsinformatik: Vol. 47, No. 3, 2005)
- ZeitschriftenartikelEine modulare gesundheitsakte als antwort auf kommunikationsprobleme im gesundheitswesen(Wirtschaftsinformatik: Vol. 47, No. 3, 2005) Schwarze, Jan-Christoph; Tessmann, Sven; Sassenberg, Christoph; Müller, Marcel; Prokosch, Hans-Ulrich; Ückert, FrankSince 2000 the University of Muenster has developed an electronic health record (EHR) called „akteonline.de“. Several clinics and departments use the EHR in routine. „akteonline.de“ in its current structure supports patients as well as health care professionals and aims at providing a collaborative health information system which perfectly supports the clinical workflow even across institutional boundaries. In order to fulfill high data security and data protection requirements strictly, complex encryption, authorization and access control components have been developed.The IT-structure of the German health care system is very heterogeneous and peripheral. The thereby generated additional costs in the economic and social area are comprehensible and the patient is unable to claim the central position intended by politics and society. The development effort of „akteonline.de“ currently focuses on the introduction of an electronic foundation for an „integrated care“. For that communication possibilities for different clinical systems, like systems for physician or clinical information systems as well as communication possibilities between different departments in a hospital or networking between Institutions and the patient himself, have to be provided. The various needs of the institutions and people involved, have to be considered individually within one concept.Based on gathered experiences and with regard to increasing requirements in the areas of interoperability, integration and international cooperation the system architecture and the basic data model underwent several evolutionary enhancements. The focus of this paper lies on describing the use of new technologies and open standards in order to create and enhance a loosely coupled, modular and flexible EHR, that represents a common information and communication tool for patients and health care professionals.
- ZeitschriftenartikelGesundheitsinformatik(Wirtschaftsinformatik: Vol. 47, No. 3, 2005) Kirn, Stefan
- ZeitschriftenartikelWI — Dissertationen(Wirtschaftsinformatik: Vol. 47, No. 3, 2005)
- ZeitschriftenartikelLösungsarchitektur für die Einführung der elektronischen Gesundheitskarte und der auf ihr basierenden Anwendungen(Wirtschaftsinformatik: Vol. 47, No. 3, 2005) Frießem, Paul; Kalmring, Dirk; Reichelt, PeterIn Germany it is intended that each insurant in the compulsory health insurance will get a Patient Data Card by 2006-01-01. This project report characterizes the present state of the system architecture for the telematics infrastructure elaborated by the self-administration of German health care. The introduction of the Patient Data Card aims at increasing the quality in medical care as well as improvement of cost effectiveness and transparency of health care output. The great deal of actors and the high amount of requirements concerning law including data privacy, and engineering including security and reliability cause a highly complex project. The overall system architecture is based on legacy systems which are connected to the telematics infrastructure and its new services by special modules.
- ZeitschriftenartikelBuchbesprechungen(Wirtschaftsinformatik: Vol. 47, No. 3, 2005) Schwarze, Lars; Stary, Christian; Lehner, Franz; Labusch, Sonja; Walser, Konrad; Stahlknecht, Peter; Eisenecker, Ulrich W.; Gabriel, Roland
- ZeitschriftenartikelDie künftige Telematik-Rahmenarchitektur im Gesundheitswesen(Wirtschaftsinformatik: Vol. 47, No. 3, 2005) Hornung, Gerrit; Goetz, Christoph F.-J.; Goldschmidt, Andreas J. W.The new regulation of § 291a SGB V as well as political goals mandate the nationwide rollout of an electronic health insurance card in Germany by the 1st of January 2006. The legal framework is laid by the Modernization law for Statutory Health Care. However, major challenges remain in the development of the necessary framework architecture and the integration into existing hospital and physicians’ offices management systems. The health insurance card opens the perspective for electronic patient records, promising direct advantages for patients as well as for the health care providers involved. However, it remains to be seen how the currently ongoing dispute about the technical implementation of sensitive data storage involved (card or server based systems) might delay the realization of this ambitious project.
- ZeitschriftenartikelSmart cards im gesundheitswesen(Wirtschaftsinformatik: Vol. 47, No. 3, 2005) Loos, Christian