- ZeitschriftenartikelReferenzprozesse für elektronische Ausschreibungen aus Sicht des industriellen Einkaufs(Wirtschaftsinformatik: Vol. 44, No. 4, 2002) Buchwalter, Jana; Brenner, Walter; Zarnekow, RüdigerMany companies and purchasing departments only possess a limited knowledge about the modelling of inter-company business processes for electronic procurement. In the past the discussion about electronic procurement was mostly focused on technical aspects. This article introduces a reference process model for procurement auctions. The process model is made up of a basic process, which describes a minimal process for procurement auctions, and a number of process alternatives, which allow for the adoption of the basic process to changing parameters and individual company requirements.
- ZeitschriftenartikelRaumComputer(Wirtschaftsinformatik: Vol. 44, No. 4, 2002) Reinema, RolfThe RoomComputer is an embedded system and as such offers unprecedented chances to manage buildings. Several RoomComputers can be networked via the Intra-/Internet, which makes it possible to monitor, control, and manage rooms and buildings on a unified worldwide accessible platform, irrespective of any particular local technology. It can be easily installed in any building and gives access to a full set of services. It implements a distributed system, which provides secure and controlled access to services like ▪control of light, heating, ventilation, air and climate ▪communication facilities like unified messaging, telephone, fax, etc.▪reservation of rooms and required resources▪localization of persons and equipment within rooms and buildings▪entrance control (i.e. locking/unlocking doors)▪organization of maintenance and house keeping, and▪charging and billing.
- ZeitschriftenartikelEine Werkbank für den Zuschnitt von objektorientierten Softwareprozessen(Wirtschaftsinformatik: Vol. 44, No. 4, 2002) Noack, JörgIn software industry there is a controversial discussion on the usefulness of a unified software process. The contribution presents a pragmatic solution. A generic process framework can be tailored to the needs of an individual development project with the help of a software process workbench. The core functionalities of the software process workbench, which is currently under development, are presented. First experiences from the user community and their influence on the next development stage of the workbench are discussed.
- ZeitschriftenartikelEin Planungsansatz zum Umgang mit Störungen bei der Produktion: Die flexible Produktionsfeinplanung mithilfe von Planungsschritten(Wirtschaftsinformatik: Vol. 44, No. 4, 2002) Patig, Susanne; Thorhauer, SteffenDisruptions like the breakdown of machines or delays in the delivery of materials cause generated production plans to be useless, at least in some parts. A new planning approach for coping with this uncertainty caused by disruptions is presented. Planning steps that are described by properties, preconditions and consequences are used for material requirements planning and scheduling. If their preconditions are satisfied in a certain state of environment, planning steps will be applicable. The consequences of planning steps change the state of environment. Each customer order establishes a goal of a new planning problem to be achieved by applying planning steps. Plan execution concerns all planning steps applicable in a certain state of environment. In choosing among applicable planning steps and among available resources the flexibility of plan execution is preserved.
- ZeitschriftenartikelElektronische Transportmärkte Aufgaben, Entwicklungsstand und Gestaltungsoptionen(Wirtschaftsinformatik: Vol. 44, No. 4, 2002) Bierwirth, Christian; Schneider, Sabine; Kopfer, HerbertThe services provided by electronic marketplaces for transportation and freight exchange appear rather experimental yet. In order to sketch the state-of-the-art the paper designs a reference model for such marketplaces. On this basis unexploited potentials are identified regarding quality management, innovative pricing models and telematic transportation control.
- ZeitschriftenartikelDie Integration von Online-CICS-Anwendungen in E-Business-Lösungen(Wirtschaftsinformatik: Vol. 44, No. 4, 2002) Wolle, BjörnIn this article, different fundamental strategies for integrating CICS applications into e-business applications are presented and their constraints and advantages are explained in some detail. The possible solutions discussed here comprise the implementation of a standard product (e. g. CTG), the integration by using XML wrapping methods (XWRAP) which implies a medium implementation effort, as well as a reengineering concept (XCDS) with an implementation effort ranging from medium to high.The main advantage of the CTG solution is that the host applications hardly need to be modified and, hence, this solution can be used immediately. However, owing to some system related restrictions this solution is mainly suited for application systems used internally within companies. The XWRAP solution offers XML access to a limited number of e-business applications but there are some restrictions due to the compatibility to the BMS format. Hence, this solution is mainly suited for application systems in maintenance without major future development.The main benefit of the XCDS solution is that the resulting application systems are well-structured and, thus, maintenance activities are facilitated. However, the implementation effort is rather high. Therefore, this solution is mainly suited for application systems which are subject of future development and enhancements and, at the same time, need to be integrated into e-business solutions with external access.
- ZeitschriftenartikelWI—Editorial(Wirtschaftsinformatik: Vol. 44, No. 4, 2002) König, Wolfgang
- ZeitschriftenartikelDie Open Mobile Architecture Systemumgebung für mobile Dienste der nächsten Generation(Wirtschaftsinformatik: Vol. 44, No. 4, 2002) Figge, Stefan