- ZeitschriftenartikelPeer-to-Peer(Wirtschaftsinformatik: Vol. 44, No. 6, 2002) Schoder, Detlef; Fischbach, Kai
- ZeitschriftenartikelDie Integration von Informationsverarbeitungsressourcen im Rahmen von Mergers & Acquisitions(Wirtschaftsinformatik: Vol. 44, No. 6, 2002) Kromer, Gerald; Stucky, WolffriedMergers & acquisitions feature prominently in today’s business world. At the same time, numerous failed transactions exemplify that the integration of enterprise resources requires special management attention. As corporate value chains become ever more permeated with information technology, integration in mergers & acquisitions increasingly turns into an issue of combining firms’ IT-resources.In face-to-face interviews with IT-managers, detailed insights into the integration of data centers, application suites and IT-organizations were gained for 20 horizontal, synergy-oriented mergers & acquisitions. A contingency model is used to analyze different integration practices for their situational drivers and success impact. The results offer support for business and IT-management in successfully integrating IT-resources in mergers & acquisitions.
- ZeitschriftenartikelElektronisches Papier — Displaytechnologie mit weitem Anwendungsspektrum(Wirtschaftsinformatik: Vol. 44, No. 6, 2002) Schryen, Guido; Karla, JürgenElectronic paper is a new material-technological stream in display research: electronic paper consists of a thin, flexible plastic film within which charged particles are aligned due to electric fields. Advantages over traditional technologies like LCD displays include lower production costs (lower process costs as well as lower material costs) and lower weight. Furthermore a better readability emerges because of better reflection, contrast, and larger viewing angles. This potential can be tapped for display panels, computer displays, and mobile devices. Almost every material can be used as substrate, hence flexible ones can be used as media for newspapers and journals. The leading US companies E Ink and Gyricon Media offer an increasingly broader range of products based on electronic paper.
- ZeitschriftenartikelGüterlogistische Dispositionssysteme in Verbindung mit B2B-Marktplätzen — Konzept und praktisches Beispiel(Wirtschaftsinformatik: Vol. 44, No. 6, 2002) Lejmi, Habib; Butterwegge, GeraldThe integration of logistic services into electronic marketplaces for goods leads to significant advantages for all parties concerned. This paper illustrates a supplementary component for B2B marketplaces that intends to optimise the delivery processes. This component bundles the orders of neighboured purchasers and achieves considerable savings. Moreover, its use on a marketplace in the furniture industry demonstrates how small and medium sized enterprises (SMEs) can benefit from intensifying their cooperation via an electronic marketplace.
- ZeitschriftenartikelDemontageplanung und -steuerung mit Enterprise-Resource- und Advanced-Planning-Systemen(Wirtschaftsinformatik: Vol. 44, No. 6, 2002) Schultmann, Frank; Fröhling, Magnus; Rentz, OttoIn this paper we discuss, using SAP® R/3® as an example, whether it is possible to implement specific data structures for dismantling planning and control (DPC) in ERP systems, and by that enable the use of ERP systems for DPC. Therefore we initially outline the tasks of DPC. Afterwards requirements concerning modelling and implementation of master data for DPC are formulated and their possible implementation into the data structures of SAP® R/3® is analysed. Concluding an outlook on possibilities of dismantling planning and control with a combined usage of ERP- and Advanced Planning Systems is given.
- ZeitschriftenartikelInformationen zum Customer-Relationship-Management im Internet(Wirtschaftsinformatik: Vol. 44, No. 6, 2002) Walser, KonradCustomer relationship management (CRM) is today a relevant issue for many sales and distribution managers. Contributions to this topic that are published in a traditional way must necessarily concentrate on fundamentals and overviews whereas recent developments are usually first presented on the internet, and indeed in a very broad way. This paper tries to identify the most valuable online resources in this area and describes the contents of these sites.
- ZeitschriftenartikelInterview mit dem Präsidenten der Regulierungsbehörde für Telekommunikation und Post Matthias Kurth zu Aufgaben und Lösungsansätzen seines Hauses(Wirtschaftsinformatik: Vol. 44, No. 6, 2002) König, Wolfgang
- ZeitschriftenartikelE-Democracy: Eine neue Qualität im demokratischen Entscheidungsprozess(Wirtschaftsinformatik: Vol. 44, No. 6, 2002) Prosser, Alexander; Müller-Török, RobertThe paper outlines the use of Internet-based services which support the citizen’s participation in democratic decision making. This may concern electronic voting as well as electronic petitions and initiatives. Existing or proposed system variants were analyzed in regards to their adherence to democratic principles. The findings show that hardly any of them were able to fulfil the standards required in regards to democratic voting procedures.The paper proposes an alternative system for electronic voting via the Internet and discusses its implementation.Electronic voting as well as electronic initiatives create new opportunities for the participation of the individual in political decision making due to considerable decreases in transaction costs.