- ZeitschriftenartikelMediana(Wirtschaftsinformatik: Vol. 44, No. 1, 2002) Luttermann, Hartmut; Freisleben, Bernd; Grauer, Manfred; Kelter, Udo; Kamphusmann, Thomas; Merten, Udo; Rößling, Guido; Unger, Thomas; Waldhans, JürgenThis paper presents Mediana, a computer-based, integrated workbench for the management and analysis of media data supporting media researchers. Its main components are the recording and management of multimedia data (i.e. image, video and text data) in a database system, semi-automatical analysis tools for images and videos, and a graphical user interface (GUI) integrating all tools and components applied in media research.
- ZeitschriftenartikelIn eigener Sache(Wirtschaftsinformatik: Vol. 44, No. 1, 2002) König, Wolfgang
- ZeitschriftenartikelVergleichende Buchbesprechung(Wirtschaftsinformatik: Vol. 44, No. 1, 2002) Schoop, Eric; Gersdorf, Ruben; Jungmann, Berit
- ZeitschriftenartikelUnified Messaging in großen Unternehmen(Wirtschaftsinformatik: Vol. 44, No. 1, 2002) Wohlfeil, Stefan; Voelz, DirkThis paper is about Unified Messaging in large enterprises. Messaging in enterprises is usually characterised by infrastructures for telephony and E-Mail already being in place. Enterprises are often reluctant to replace existing systems simply in order to enhance functionality. This is due to the fact that large investments had already been made and companies are expecting a return on investment. p]Unified Messaging integrates different communication means. It supports employees who travel a lot and others who receive many messages of different types. This paper begins with a description of Unified Messaging functions. Then we describe typical Unified Messaging architectures. One of our main conclusions is that choosing well designed communication interfaces (usually by employing standard protocols) is more important than simply choosing a good Unified Messaging product. In section 3 we describe a Unified Messaging architecture suitable for large enterprises. This architecture fits well into already existing architectures. We conclude with an estimation of investment costs and operation costs for such an architecture.
- ZeitschriftenartikelBuchbesprechungen(Wirtschaftsinformatik: Vol. 44, No. 1, 2002) Gadatsch, Andreas; Tschirschwitz, Reiner; Lehner, Franz; Schwarze, Lars; Stahlknecht, Peter; Lohse, Matthias; Gabriel, Roland; Stary, Christian; Wallmüller, Ernest
- ZeitschriftenartikelKooperierende intelligente Softwareagenten(Wirtschaftsinformatik: Vol. 44, No. 1, 2002) Kirn, StefanThis paper introduces to the reader the field of cooperating intelligent software agents. It first reviews the historical roots of Distributed AI, and the main concepts that have been developed in that field since the end of the seventies, and on which today’s agent technology is based upon. The paper then concentrates on the modeling of agents. Starting with a terminological discussion of what agents are, and with an example the main characteristics of cooperating intelligent agents are presented, formalized, and discussed. Based upon this the paper proceeds to issues that are relevant to multiagent systems: coordination, communication, and standardization. The paper concludes with a sum-up of the main results, and an extensive bibliography.
- ZeitschriftenartikelWI — Dissertationen(Wirtschaftsinformatik: Vol. 44, No. 1, 2002)
- ZeitschriftenartikelXML als Integrationstechnologie bei Informationsanbietern im Internet(Wirtschaftsinformatik: Vol. 44, No. 1, 2002) Rawolle, Joachim; Ade, Jochen; Schumann, MatthiasThis paper explores the use of XML for integrating content and applications for internet publishers based on a case study from the media industry.After a short introduction into the general conditions of the project the paper describes the most important requirements that were to be met with regard to the interfaces between the content management system and a set of external, partly interactive applications (like a search engine and discussion groups). Subsequently, a mechanism based on XML and HTTP is presented that was implemented as a solution within the scope of the project.Finally, experiences gained during the course of implementation and operation are confronted with the requirements as defined earlier in order to asses the strengths and weaknesses of XML-based integration mechanisms in similar settings.
- ZeitschriftenartikelPotenziale des Content-Managements(Wirtschaftsinformatik: Vol. 44, No. 1, 2002) Gersdorf, Ruben; Schoop, E.
- ZeitschriftenartikelPrint-Verlage: neue Integrationsansätze als Ausweg?(Wirtschaftsinformatik: Vol. 44, No. 1, 2002) König, Wolfgang